Call for Participation
The 2016 Social Computing Summit (SCS 2016) will be held at Dec 14 – Dec 15, 2016 in Gold Coast, Australia. It is our great pleasure to invite you to contribute papers, register and participate in this premier annual event on research and applications of data mining.
A growing attention has been paid to the study, development and application of data mining. As a result, there is an urgent need for sophisticated techniques and tools that can handle new subfields of data mining, e.g., smartphone and social network data mining, spatial data mining in the context of spatial-temporal characteristics, streaming data mining, green computing data mining, biomedical data mining, and the Internet of Things. Our expertise in data mining also has to be expanded to new applications. SCS aims at bringing together the experts on data mining from all over the world, and provides a leading international forum for the dissemination of original research results in data mining, spanning applications, algorithms, software and systems, and different applied disciplines with potentials in data mining. The proceedings of the conference will be published by Springer in its Lecture Notes in Computer Science series, and indexed by EI.
We invite authors to submit papers on any topics of advanced data mining and applications, including but not limited to:
Advanced Data Mining Topics:
- 1. Grand challenges of data mining
- 2. Parallel and distributed data mining algorithms
- 3. Mining on data streams
- 4. Graph mining
- 5. Spatial data mining
- 6. Text, video, multimedia data mining
- 7. Web mining
- 8. High performance data mining algorithms
- 9. Correlation mining
- 10. Benchmarking and evaluations
- 11. Interactive data mining
- 12. Data-mining-ready structures and pre-processing
- 13. Data mining visualization
- 14. Information hiding in data mining
- 15. Security and privacy issues
- 16. Competitive analysis of mining algorithms
- 17. Internet of Things mining
Data Mining Applications in the following areas:
- 1. Big data
- 2. Web of Things
- 3. Grid computing
- 4. DNA sequencing, bioinformatics, genomics, and biometrics
- 5. Image interpretations
- 6. E-commerce and Web services
- 7. Medical informatics
- 8. Disaster prediction
- 9. Remote monitoring
- 10. Financial market analysis
- 11. Online filtering
- 12. Application of Data Mining in Education
- 13. Social network data mining
- 14. Smartphone data mining
- 15. Database administration, indexing, performance tuning
- 16. Green computing data mining
Other timely topics related to data mining and its applications.
Submission of Regular Papers: Paper submission will be electronic through the easy-chair website. The paper should be in English and contain unpublished contributions to the data mining and related fields. The paper should not exceed 15 pages in LNCS (Lecture Notes in Computer Science) format.
Best Paper Award
The award will be given to the paper that the Program Committee judges to be the best in quality, execution and impact among all the accepted papers in the conference.
High quality papers accepted by ADMA 2016 will be invited to submit an extended version for consideration of several special issues at leading international journals.
- Full paper submission due Jul 01, 2016
- Acceptance notification Sep 15, 2016
- Camera-ready due Sep 25, 2016
- Conference dates Dec 12-15, 2016